Born in the year 1952. Licensed radio amateur since 1986 with the call PD0PFV. After 6 months succeeded the examination for the C-licence and in may of 1992 I did my CW-proof successfully, so I became a full licensed radio amateur with CW included under the call PA3GER.
More then 25 years on the radio !
Most of the times you can find me on 20 meters in RTTY mode (yes I am a RTTY freak, always been) and occasional I will have a QSO in phone. I also run the website www.rtty.nl, which is only in Dutch.
My CW is not to best on the moment, I have to improve that by training again and maybe I will be back in CW.
Also I am a collector of military radio equipment like the GRC-9 (Angry-Nine) and tube-testers.
For HAM operation I use:
- Icom IC-910-H for 2m, 70cm and 23cm band
- Icom IC-746-Pro for the HF-bands, especially in RTTY mode
- Icom ID-880-E for D-Star in DV mode on the local repeater PI1UTR and reflector 017A
- Icom 02-E portable 145 Mhz
- Icom Q7-E portable 145 + 435 MHz
- Icom IC-92D portable 145 + 435 MHz (D-Star)
- Icom ID-51E portable 145 + 435 MHz (D-Star)
- DVAP Digital Voice Acces Point for D-Star
- DVRPTR D-Star repeater
- Raspberry PI in combination with the DVAP als D-Star hotspot / accespoint
- ATV transmitter for 23cm band (home brew)
- GRC-9 surplus radio
- RT-68 surplus radio
- RT-70 surplus radio
- TR-3600 surplus radio (26 – 70 MHz FM)
- R77 surplus receiver
- and lots of other equipment
In 2003 I started a class with a lesson-program for new radio-amateurs to help them to learn all about the radio hobby and to train them for the examination, which were held 2 times a year. Nowdays you can do it every month, so that is improved very well. More then 75 persons followed my lessons and 95% of them have a licence now in N(ovice) or F(oundation) class.